Decorating with books can bring new style to your rooms
Without a doubt, books can do much more than educate and entertain. They can also be used as interesting decorative elements. Here are some easy ways to organize your home library in an attractive and functional way.
- Gather everything together. This includes books, papers and files from various rooms around the house.
- Sort your books. Separate by category: children’s books, adult books, fiction, non-fiction.
- Choose the right bookcase. There are so many styles available. Do you want a grand library look with tall, wall-to-wall bookcases, or smaller decorative bookshelves that give you room to also display collectibles. The key is to make sure you have large enough bookcases to house your library.
- Think about alphabetical order. Sometimes it’s easier to alphabetize by author than by book title. Then if you have more than one book written by the same author, sort by the title.
- Go vertical. This is the traditional way to display books by placing them vertically on bookshelves.
- Or choose the title view. Another way to create decorative bookcases is to stack books horizontally. Alternating horizontal and vertical stacks makes decorative bookshelves fun and adds more interest to your home library.
- Continue to keep your library organized. Take a couple of minutes at the end of the day to return books to your library and put things back in their places.