Make the Most of Your Kitchen RemodelAuthor: Renee Blanchet | Category: Kitchens, Small Spaces
Redesigning a small kitchen doesn’t have to be difficult
Remodeling a kitchen – especially if it is a small kitchen space – can be a challenge. Here are some tips to make the most out of your kitchen remodel.
- Minimize the number of appliances – if you have very limited counter-top space, think about kitchen space savers such as under the counter appliances that mount to the underside of your kitchen cabinets.
- Organize your cabinets – dishes, pots and pans, and canned goods can take up a lot of small kitchen space. Redesign your kitchen by incorporating space-saving baskets or shelves in your kitchen cabinets.
- Go over your head – install a ceiling pot-rack to hang pots and pans. This can free up valuable cabinet space.
- Think smaller – a kitchen remodel often means new appliances. Dishwashers, stoves and refrigerators come in a number of sizes to fit your small kitchen space.
- Consider an island – a table, counter or pull-out island can provide a prep and cooking space. Portable islands can be kitchen space savers while also giving you with ample storage space. The benefit is that you can move the cart to another room when you don’t need it in the kitchen.
- Keep everything within arm’s reach – many professional chefs don’t work in expansive kitchens; they simply maximize their small spaces to work efficiently. Tips include prepping everything you’ll need before you start cooking, keeping your counter clean from clutter and having what you need within arm’s reach.
With a little planning in advance, you can find real solutions to remodeling and redesigning your small kitchen.